Thursday, July 22, 2010

What a day!

Today has been such an interesting day. First off last night was amazing. We have had 2 people repent so far this week in pskov, and many others have had a seed planted. Praise God for all he has done this week. Today we had a trash pick up and the batoot "jolly jump" was in the courtyard. The kids love the batoot and have never seen one before. This morning was also a great time for sharing God's message with others and just loving on the people of pskov. I am praying particularly hard for a man named Roman. Roman is an alcoholic who believes there is no God. He once was married and was a police man. He and his wife had a child and they lost the child. She divorced him and he began drinking very heavily. His drinking became to much of a problem and he was kicked off the police force. I have grown very close to this man and he says that he normally doesnt get this close with others. I have shared God's love with him but he still doenst want to believe. I pray that Roman can find the happiness that I do in the Lord and come to know his love.

Today after the ministry in the courtyard we went to a very beautiful orthodox monostary. It was kind of weird being there but it was very nice all the same. Me and my loud voice and very loud laugh of course drew a little to much attention to the monks and people in the church. O well, not everyone loves americans. After that we went to someone datcha which is a house outside of the city. At the house we had a bana "sauna" which may have been the hottest I have ever been. At its coolest its was 85 degrees celcius which is about 130 F. Very hot! It was an awesome day and tomorrow we are going to a near by village to do just evangalism! I cant wait! I am so excited and feel so blessed to be here! God is so amazing and great! Slave Bogu "praise God."

Prayer Request:
pray that evangalism goes well in the village tomorrow

Pray for Roman that he may come to know the Lord

Pray for Jim as he is not sleeping well (my boss)

Pray that God blesses pskov and the ministry here.


Praises:
2 people have come to know the Lord this week. Slava Bogu!!!!!

ok well its 11:20 here at night and I am tired. I probably wont be able to update until Sunday so good night and be in prayer for us! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment